Operations Assist4th May 2021
- Tropic Wings
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Shifts vary between hours of 6am and 6pm
- $30,000 - $40,000
Locally owned and operated by the Woodward family since 1976, The CaPTA Group incorporates the Rainforestation Nature Park and Australian Butterfly Sanctuary in Kuranda, Wildlife Habitat in Port Douglas, Cairns Zoom and Wildlife Dome, Tropic Wings Coach Tours, Careers Training Centre (CTC), Jungle Tours and ABC Sales and Maintenance in Cairns.
Tropic Wings is looking for a strong, collaborative Full time Operations Assist who will assist in ensuring all operational aspects driven out of operating a fleet of modern coaches reporting to the Operations Manager. This is a “hands-on” role with no two days the same!
You will be able to demonstrate...
• Ability to work to meet the needs of the business over 7-days.
• A solutions focused and resourceful approach; ability to work autonomously.
• Prior Coach Operations and/ or Transport experience.
• Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and moderate computer literacy.
• A minimum MR (Medium Rigid) Licence and a Driver Authorisation
• As well as have great attention to detail, excellent communication skills, be highly motivated and possess a high standard of customer service skills. Local knowledge, administration and transport or tourism experience would be an advantage.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ability to complete driver tours and charters as required. DA and MR licences essential
• Assist in the management of cleaning schedules and refuelling.
• Assist in afterhours support.
• Assist in managing driver support and training.
• Assist in the maintaining legislative and administration requirements in a day-to-day capacity.