Biggest revelations to come out of the FRIENDS reunion show
The highly anticipated FRIENDS re-union show, "The One Where They Get Back Together" premiered in Australia last night on BINGE and there were a few memorable moments.
1. Jennifer Anniston (Rachel) and David Schwimmer (Ross) revealed they had strong feelings for each other in real life! “The first season, I had a major crush on Jen,” Schwimmer says, to which Aniston responds: “It was reciprocated.” Aniston adds: “I remember saying to you (Schwimmer), ‘It’s going to be such a bummer if the first time we kiss is on national television…’ And sure enough, we did.”
2. Courteney Cox would write her lines on the kitchen table.
3. Lisa Kudrow (Phoebe) was joined by Lady Gaga and a choir to sing "Smelly Cat".
Smelly Cat will go #1 for six weeks I think. Lady Gaga sounds so good... pic.twitter.com/ulGb93UizF— James Harness (@JamesHarness) May 27, 2021
4. Courtney Cox also auditioned for the character, Rachel, but convinced producers she was more of a Monica.
5. Jennifer Anniston almost wasn't cast as Rachel because of her role on Muddling Through, which was still on the air at the time. She even begged execs of Muddling Through to release her from the show.
6. David Schwimmer hated filming with Marcel, Ross's pet monkey.
"What inevitably began to happen was we would all have choreographed bits kind of timed out, and it would get messed up, because the monkey didn't do its job right. So we would have to reset, we'd have to go again, because the monkey didn't get it right," an exasperated Schwimmer explained.